Links We Like
Keep in Touch With
GEE Funny Farm
Check out musings about animals, the farm, and animal related things on our blog.
"Like" us on Facebook to keep up with what is happening at GEE Funny Farm.
People we've met and feel comfortable referring.
Tell them that GEE Funny Farm sent you!
Looking for a pony ride party? Pine Ridge Riding Center has a great set-up for you! Located in Singer, WI they have an indoor arena so your party is a go no matter what the weather! There is an observation room for parents to watch in comfort and a party trailer.
Just south of us....starting in mid-summer they offer fresh sweet corn and vegetables at their road side stand. In the fall,they have an on-farm display area selling pumpkins, cornstalk bundles, straw, and many other fall decorations. They also offer a corn maze, pick-your-own pumpkins, and a hayride. In late November they sell Christmas trees. Throughout the year they offer homegrown, naturally-fed beef, which is custom cut and ready for your freezer.
The best pictures on our website were probably taken by Chris at Sea J Photography! She also shows her other work on her Facebook page.
Have a herding dog? Shannon offers opportunities for your dog to be tested for herding instincts and then opportunities for you to learn to herd with your dog. Shannon is blunt, but I liked her and Amos and I learned a lot. I only quit because of two knee surgeries and the inability to move like a shepherd.
Luci is a master spinner and weaver. She is also a great teacher! I've taken beginning spinning class from a couple of places and learned so much more from her! I can't wait to go back for more!
Lori is a Wisconsin breeder of Shetland sheep and Oberhasli goats. This year (2014) Lori loaned us two lambs over the season so we would have cute lambs for people to see and feed.
Books We LIke
- Alex and Me by Irene Pepperberg
- Animals in Translation by Temple Grandin
- Animals make Us Human by Temple Grandin
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
- Enslaved by Ducks by Bob Tarte
- In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan
- Kicked, Bitten, and Scratched by Amy Sutherland
- Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some we Eat: Why It's so Hard to Think Straight About Animals by Hal Herzog
- We Bought a Zoo by Benjamin Mee
- A is For Musk Ox by Erin Cabatingan
- An Egg is Quiet by Dianna Ashton
- Edward the Emu by Sheena Knowles
- Egg: A Photographic Story of Hatching by Robert Burton
- Feathery Creatures by Clint Twist
- The Goat in the Rug by Geraldine
- Gobble Growl Grunt by Peter Spier
- Gregory, the Terrible Eater by Mitchell Sharmat
- If You Were a Parrot by Katherine Rawson
- Koko's Story by Dr. Francine Patterson
- The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
- The Skull Alphabet Book by Jerry Pallotta
- What if You Had Animal Hair by Sandra Markle
- What if You Had Animal Teeth by Sandra Markle
- Who You Callin' Chicken? by Thea Feldman
- Woolbur by Leslie Helakoski and Lee Harper
- Yuck! by Mick Manning and Brita Gransom
- Zoobooks published by Wildlife Education, Ltd.
For Families to Read Together
- I Am Phoenix: Poems for Two Voices by Paul Fleischman
- Marley and Me by John Grogan
Tabletop Books (Great Pictures)
- Beautiful Sheep by Kathryn Dun
- Extraordinary Chickens by StephenGreen-Armytage
- The Living Forest by Rien Poortvliet
- Noah's Ark by Rien Poorvliet
We like to share good books, good neighbors, and educational information
that might interest you! For teachers and home-schoolers, Wisconsin Educational
Standards are at the bottom of this page.
We're heading to GEE Funny Farm where smart birds, no matter the feather, flock together!
GEE Funny Farm can help you meet Wisconsin Educational Standards...
- D.4.1 Understand that food and fiber originate from...animals. (GEE Our Animal Helpers)
- D.4.3 Demonstrate safe practices around...animals. (GEE Safe Practices Around Animals)
- D.8.3 Understand the basic care of...animals. (GEE Safe Practices Around Animals, GEE Critter Care)
- D.8.6 Identify potential health concerns resulting from transmission of diseases between animals and humans. (GEE Safe Practices Around Animals -- specify zoonoses).
- A.4.1 Use effective reading strategies to achieve their purposes in reading. (GEE Fact or Fiction)
- A.4.2 Read, interpret, and critically analyze literature. (GEE Fact or Fiction)